- Green Canvas Micarta handles
- 9.065" overall length
- 4.25" blade length
- A-2 blade steel
- .215" blade thickness
- Weighs 7.4 oz
- 59RC hardness
- Brown leather belt sheath included
The Bark River Bravo 1
is a result of countless hours in the field developing a knife in collaboration with USMC Force Recon Division's Training Unit. After silently testing various brands of knives on the market they decided to choose the Bark River "Gameskeeper" as their knife of choice but with a few recommended tweaks such as the following:
- The balance had to be on the first finger which meant skeletonizing the tang allowing for even weight distribution.
- Elimination of the choil to bring the sharp edge to the front of the handle slabs for notching leverage was a must.
- Handle slabs had to be bolted to the blade and epoxied making them non-removable.
- They added a ramp style thumb rest on the spine. The guard was changed to an integral self guard.
- The screw slots are grind off after the handles are finished and stainless steel screw sets are used.
In 2007 Bark River Knives decided to produce the Bravo-1 as a result of the Force Recon Unit and their desire to have a heavy duty bushcraft style knife. Today the Bravo-1 is one of the most popular knives made by Bark River and uses by not only military but avid outdoors men who wanted a survival-bushcraft knife for heavy use.