- Overall: 7.75"
- Blade: 3.25" Elmax, Tanto, Satin
- Handle: 4.3" Micarta (OD Green)
- Anodized Accents
- Opener: Thumbdisc
- Pocket Clip: Titanium (Tip Up)
- Designer: Matt Christensen
- Origin: China
- Manual opening with ceramic ball-bearing system, Thumbdisc
- Titanium bolsterlock, integrated lockbar insert with overtravel stop
- Titanium milled pocketclip, tip up carry
- Bronze/Purple Andodized pivot collars
The Alliance Designs Kraken marks our second collaboration with highly acclaimed knifemaker, Matthew Christensen. With this release, we had the honor of re-imagining one of his most iconic designs, which has been now been discontinued from his custom hand-built offerings.
The design of the Kraken was inspired by the traditional Japanese kwaiken. It features a modified tanto blade paired with a sleek, yet robust handle. This titanium bolsterlock variant features beautifully contoured micarta scales and bronze/purple titanium pivot collars. The crisp machine satin Elmax blade features an oversized milled titanium thumbdisc for effortless ambidextrous opening.
Matthew Christensen is a knife maker from Crete, Illinois. Since 2012, Matthew has specialized in creating a vast spectrum of framelock and linerlock folding knives, all finely tuned with his signature crisp and fast flipping action. Always pushing the envelope with his new designs, they range from small, EDC friendly to large, over built knives.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews