Knives are one of the most versatile tools you can have. Whether you’re a hiker, camper, or DIY enthusiast, you can’t help but feel resourceful when you fix any problem with your loyal knife. However, we tend to use the same knife for any feat we encounter, which could result in damaging your valuable asset.
After all, various steel materials are used in blade-making, each with a unique use. This blog post will examine Benchmade knife steel, a famous brand known for its versatility and durability. So if you own one of these knives or are in the market for one, stay put to learn how to make the most of it and avoid damage.
What Are Benchmade Knives?
Benchmade knives are made of quality blade steel that is easily recognizable. The AUS-8A Steel, 154CM Stainless Steel, and D2 Tool Steel are the most commonly used. Each of these materials has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, so let’s talk about each knife steel type:
It’s Japanese-made Austenitic steel. It has medium strength but great corrosion resistance and edge retention. It’s often used in pocket and hunting knives.
154CM Stainless Steel
This type of stainless steel is produced in the USA. It offers great edge retention and corrosion resistance. It’s mostly used for high-end pocket, hunting, and kitchen cutlery
D2 Tool Steel
This is a tool steel made in the USA. It offers excellent wear resistance and strength but lacks corrosion resistance. It’s usually used for survival, combat blades, and other hard-use tools.
This steel combines two different steel types—Carbon and Alloy. It offers the best of both worlds, with great edge retention, corrosion resistance, and strength. It’s usually used in high-end pocket knives or hunting knives.
How to Avoid Misusing Your Benchmade Knife Steel
Now that you know the different types of Benchmade knife steel, it’s time to learn how to use them correctly. Here are a few tips:
- Know what type of steel is used in your knife and the proper use for that material.
- Don’t overwork the blade; only use it for the intended task.
- Clean and oil your blade after each use to keep it in optimal condition.
- Use proper honing or sharpening techniques; improper sharpening can damage your knife.
Find The Best Benchmade Knives in Our Online Catalog
Collecting knives is more than just a hobby; it’s a way for many campers and hikers to be prepared for any situation. Your knives are indispensable tools for every adventure, and you want to use them fully. So if you want to upgrade your collection with quality Benchmade pieces, EKnives is just one click away!
We’ve been in the industry for years, so our team understands the importance of having a quality knife. You can rest assured that you will only have the best options at our store. Here’s a three-step plan to help you get your ideal Benchmade knife at EKnives:
- Browse our extensive collection: Our collection includes various styles, designs, and price ranges to cater to all kinds of knife enthusiasts.
- Choose your preferred knife: Ensure it suits your preferences, needs, and budget.
- Place your order: After you have chosen your preferred knife, add it to your cart and proceed to checkout. You should receive it in less than three days
Not buying a quality knife or using it for the wrong chores can lead to safety hazards and increased replacement costs. Don’t wait another minute to search for your ideal Benchmade pocket knife for your next adventure!